Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Web 2.0 meeting 25 November

Hi All,

Thank you for your contributions again today, I find this group such a motivated lot! As I said in the meeting, I will document our thoughts and then hopefully get input from you all on how best to deliver this to Library staff and engage staff.

Out top 4 - 5 things for the first Web 2.0 sessions will be:

RSS
WIKI
BLOGS
IM
Social Networking (TBC)

I think the best way to assist staff in the process is to offer it via a few channels which will suit most learning styles:

  • Information sessions
  • Workshops
  • Online support (via an intranet self learn page like the 23 things on the yarra plenty site)

Other thoughts were to set up a wiki for the Library to do:

  • Web 2.0 training sessions
  • Knowledge sharing from Library staff

The biggest thoughts posed were - how do we migrate the functions of the Library into Web 2.0 tools?

Your thoughts/comments welcome!! And any additional information that I may have missed!

By the way I'm really keen to still learn new Web 2.0 stuff but I'm just mindful that we also need to keep on track with the project as we could have fun digressing for weeks on end!! Keep your new ideas coming!

Lhan

No comments:

Post a Comment