This is really just a colourful summary of the web2 aspects we were talking about at the last meeting, and a few ideas to do with training:
http://bubbl.us/view.php?sid=460935&pw=ya5GnofBhbpYAMjJDVzYxVEZqVFp6bw
After our initial struggles with bubblus I've managed to connect up with Gai, Ross, Paul and Lenore - so you guys can now access the original mindmaps and add stuff of your own.
If anyone else wants to attempt it, you should be able to find me on bubblus if you search for 'Jennifer Nash' or my @mq.edu.au email.
If that doesn't work, feel free to comment here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looking good Jen!
ReplyDeleteJust a quick question - is there a cheat way I can see your friends list to add the others, or do I have to do it the long way and search for everyone individually?
:-)
oh, and if anyone wants to add me I'm using my library email too (lenore.gosper@library.mq.edu.au) but if you search by name, also try Lenore O'Connor (jeez this being in between names thing is getting freakin' confusing!) :p
ReplyDeleteI've created another bubbl.us account (after forgetting the login details for my first one). You should find me under "Andrew Spencer" or my library email address. I'm in the process of finding those of you who are on there.
ReplyDeleteLenore, we might have to start referring to you as O'Gosper just so we cover all bases =P
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately I don't think there's a way to share the friends list, so everyone has to be tracked down individually.
Andrew, I added you to the list of users with editing rights on those mindmaps too.
note to self - work on Irish accent so I can sound as cool as my name does now...
ReplyDelete:p
you're all funny! Now Jen, I know I've been dragging the chain and haven't joined bubbl.us yet. Note to self - show some leadership and join Bubbl.us! :)
ReplyDeleteOk so I've found Ross, Lenore, Jen and Andrew but I can't find anyone else. And how do I load your mind maps into my account - I'm confused, perhaps some hands on training would help me Jen!!
ReplyDeleteHey Lhan,
ReplyDeleteI've also created a Bubbl.us account and added Jennifer as a friend (I think). Then I emailed Jennifer to ask her to give me access to her mind map as I couldn't find it either.
To me, the most obvious thing this tool lacks is a user guide!
Caroline
A user guide would definitely be good, it took me quite a while to get the hang of it... and there's still things that confuse me.
ReplyDeleteYou guys automatically get added to my 'friends' list when you do a search and find my account - but to let you access/edit the mindmaps I have to log in and open the sheet, click 'sharing' and then add your names to the access list.
I've just done that now, so the next time you go to bubblus you should be able to find those couple of maps under 'collaborate' (the middle tab).
The closest thing bubblus seems to have to a user guide is just the (very brief) instructions that appear when you hover over a button or an area on the map... which is pretty useless if you need to do something specific but don't know where to find it!
... I just can't help playing with it because of all the pretty colours.
Thanks guys, I;ve got it working now. I still can't find Paul or a few others though. i have found Andrew, Lenore, Caroline, Jenn and Ross
ReplyDeleteI just found the create account button and signed in. Added Jennifer Nash as a friend but could not see the things under "Collaborate".
ReplyDeleteZixiao, I just added you so the maps should appear there now!
ReplyDelete