Thursday, March 11, 2010

Google Account Testing

Hi all, wrote a big long update on testing and hit a wrong button and lost the lot (grr) so here's the condensed version:

Google Accounts will allow -
Blogger
Reader

Will not allow for -
Instant Messaging

How shall we proceed?
My feeling is that it would be better to have the participants create a Gmail Account from the outset and know that they can use the same log-in, week in and week out, than to risk only having Google Accounts in the hopes that IM will be a feature of the change-over to Gmail... if it's even done by that stage.

Questions, comments?

:)

4 comments:

  1. I'll put my hand up for Gmail accounts. We may even find that some people already have them. I overheard a few of our target audience discussing that while they don't often use personal email, they have gmail set up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you, I think we should have participants set up a gmail account if they don't have a personal one already.

    Lhan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second (or should that be "third") the idea of creating Gmail accounts. One interesting thing I found on the Project Mercury blog regarding the introduction of Gmail was the FAQ - "Can I forward my personal email to my Macquarie address?

    This is not recommended because all emails received become part of the corporate record in myBackup."

    Another reason to encourage people to have a personal email account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, thanks guys. Will do Gmail then :)

    ReplyDelete