Nathan, Reenah and me discussed what we are going to do for information sessions. One of the main topics was how we entice people to Web 2.0 trainings and get them engaged. The idea was to have something fun but not overwhelming. Some ideas are listed below for discussion and your input:
- Do you want to get out of your work?
- guessing quiz of web logos, similar to Jennifer's, but easier for people to do
- Reenah has found a picture showing a world with 2.0 buildings
- a poster with simple text and a web 2.0 picture (Nathan thought it's too traditional, which means dry), posters can be disseminated to departments and tea room
- recommend supervisors encouraging staff members to participate
Nathan, Reenah, could you post anything missing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi all,
ReplyDeleteBasically we'd love any ideas for a hook or a lure. We fired some ideas around our group but had a hard time settling on just one. We're aiming for something that will get the curiosity going, be a bit funny and also accessible to those who are a bit intimidated by the whole thing (not too heavy on the 2.0 lingo).
We were thinking of a cartoon or a slogan. I found some interesting cartoony pics- I'll post them on here when I achieve the prestigious Contributor status.
We liked Nathan's idea of 'Do you want to get out of work? Come to our training sessions!' but not too sure if LMT will approve ;)
As far as getting the hook out there, we thought hitting it from every angle would be most effective. Traditional things like email and posters, as well as internal mail, info in the tearoom, intranet- basically just drown everyone in our lures so they have no choice!
Any and all ideas welcome.
More ideas:
ReplyDeleteI mentioned Web 2.0 to my parents and asked how they felt about it, and what would make them want to learn more. My mother said that nostalgia and remembering the past are things that are 'very relevant to us old ladies'. She loves the fact that you can trace family history, make online photo albums, watch old TV shows on Youtube, find old school friends on Facebook etc.
So, what if we made a lure which asked questions like,
Want to find old school friends?
Want to trace your family tree?
Want to share your photo's with friends and family around the world?
Looking for episodes of an old TV show?
Want to listen to that song you half remember?
:)
I know these aren't relevant to the workplace but to could be a way of getting the attention of the older crowd- or the more curious crowd.
Just firing ideas.
Another one:
ReplyDelete"Have you blogged/poked/waved/buzzed/tweeted/tagged lately?"
I mentioned that to Nathan. I'm not sure he was keen but I still like it :p
Hi guys,
ReplyDeleteWell some very interesting and relevant ideas there, well done. I'd like to add a little idea that came to me in my sleep the other night - yes I dream about work, very, very sick of me I know! To lure in the younger crowd who 'might know how to use all this stuff already' we can have the picture of the Itouch up around the place or sent through the internal mail to everyone saying 'want to win this...stay tuned' or some little catchy phrase. I think all of this should be raised on the blog and then discussed at our next meeting where the decisions can be made as a group.
Lhan